Monday, March 2, 2009

Verde Design Studio

I am really excited for an internship project that I am about to start. The goal is to turn an existing work space of an office into a green lounge for lectures and discussions. The work I am doing is for a local architecture company that is pairing up with a division of Lexus Hybrid Agency, called Verde Design in Chicago. They specialize in sustainable furniture and vintage pieces.

They use nontoxic glues, waterbased finishes (no VOC) and low VOC lacquers. All of the materials that are used for the designs are recycled, recyclable or biodegradable. I am delighted to see that many of the furniture pieces are also very sleek and appealing. Here's what is at the top of my list to use for this project.

The Cantwell Banquet. We need to squeeze a lot of folks into this space.
The Odum Chair.Or the Meyer Chair. I also like the Big M bench.Or the Hoffmeyer bench.

3 comments:

M. said...

those are realy nice furnitures I must say. Though it is my first time to hear about "green furniture". Sounds really interesting.

Sweat Style said...

Love the furniture! I want some for my new house. Who knows when that will be. :)

Bubeau said...

"Verde" is french for "green". Weird coincidence, no?